Woman who shot Nigerian husband dead in US to appear before court in May

Nedu Okorie 2024-04-17 0

A 28-year-old woman, Keaiirra Shavoiyae Chidozie, who shot her Nigerian husband four times during an argument, in their house in the United States, leading to his death will be arraigned in court on May 23.

The incident happened in their residence in Houston, Texas on March 21, and Michael died of spinal injury complications.

According to reports, the police found the 26-year-old Micheal in gun wounds and was rushed to Ben Taub Hospital, but died after spending 18 days on life support.

A man has died less than a month after police say his wife shot him multiple times at their apartment in the Galleria area.

Investigators said the shooting was a result of an argument between the couple on March 21.

According to ABC13 Houston news, court documents show the victim’s wife is facing an aggravated assault with a deadly weapon charge. 

It was, however, revealed that the Harris County Clerk’s website reveals the charge has not been upgraded.

It added that Keaiirra is out on bond and awaiting her next court date on May 23.

According to investigators, the two children belonging to the couple witnessed the altercations that led to the shooting. The children have been delivered to a family for care pending the case of their mother.

The neighbors said they had not experienced the couple having a disagreement before, leaving them in surprise over the issue.

“I never would have thought something like that would happen,” Francis Abah, Michael’s friend, said.

“They were just like every other couple who every now and again had issues, but I was expecting they would work it out,” Abah said.

“But you never saw them be violent towards each other,” ABC13 Houston reporter Alex Bozarjian asked.

“No, not at all,” Abah answered.

Abah said he and Michael became friends in 2018, and that their kids often played together.

“We just envisioned this whole big family get together. It is very tragic. His exit was a painful one,” Abah said.

“It’s a tough pill to swallow, and something he feels didn’t need to happen had the couple sought help.” 

At just 26 years old, Michael died from complications at Ben Taub Hospital on April 8, 18 days after he was shot. The report added that Michael’s family and friends are trying to raise money to send his body back home to Nigeria.